May 1, 2010

Top Five Ron Swanson Quotes

Parks and Recreation is one of my favorite new(ish) television series. From the creators of 'The Office', it follows the trials and tribulations of a rag tag group from the Parks department in the City of Pawnee, Indiana. Hands-down my favorite character, Ron Swanson, is the head of the department, and has produced some of the best one-liners on television. Here are my top 5.

1)
“I’ve been quite open about this around the office: I don’t want this parks department to build any parks, because I don’t believe in government. I think that all government is a waste of taxpayer money. My dream is to have the park system privatized and run entirely for profit by corporations, like Chuck E. Cheese. They have an impeccable business model. I would rather work for Chuck E. Cheese.”

2)
“I got my first job when I was 9. Worked at a sheet metal factory. In two weeks, I was running the floor. Child labor laws are ruining this country.”

3)
“My idea of a perfect government is one guy who sits in a small room at a desk, and the only thing he’s allowed to decide is who to nuke. The man is chosen based on some kind of IQ test, and maybe also a physical tournament, like a decathlon. And women are brought to him, maybe ... when he desires them.”

4)
“When I look at my palm I see a lady’s mouth French kissing a dog. Is that normal?”

5)
“The whole point of this country is if you want to eat garbage, balloon up to 600 pounds and die of a heart attack at 43, you can! You are free to do so. To me, that’s beautiful.”

3 comments:

  1. "I enjoy government functions like I enjoy getting kicked in the nuggets with a steel toed boot. But this hotel always served bacon wrapped shrimp. That's my number one favorite food wrapped around my number three favorite food. I'd go to a banquet in honor of those Somali pirates if they served bacon wrapped shrimp."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at meat tornado ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm worried that what you heard is 'I'd like a lot of bacon and eggs.' What I said was, 'I want all the bacon and eggs you have.'"

    ReplyDelete